Bio-Bon inc. veggie pâté sushi
By Bio-Bon Inc.
- 1 cup uncooked short-grain sticky rice (sushi rice)
- 1½ cups water
- ¼ cup rice vinegar
- 1/8 cup sugar
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 or 4 nori sheets
- 1 Bio-Bon veggie pâté, sliced into strips
- ½ cucumber cut into long strips
- 2 medium carrots, cut into long thin strips
- 100 g of alfalfa seed or onion sprouts
- ¼ Oriental radish cut into long, thin strips
- 1 red pepper, cut into thin strips
- Tamari sauce
- Rinse the rice through a sieve until the water runs clear.
- Put the rice and water together in a saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 20 minutes.
- In a small saucepan, combine the vinegar, oil, sugar and salt. Cook over medium heat until the sugar dissolves.
- Let cool, then pour over the cooked rice and mix well.
- Place a sheet of nori on a dry cloth
- Spread ½ cup of the sushi rice mixture over the entire surface of the sheet, leaving 1 inch at the top of the nori sheet without rice
- Place the following ingredients in the middle horizontally: a strip of veggie pâté, two strips of cucumber, two or three strips of carrot, alfalfa seeds or sprouted onions, two or three strips of Oriental radish, three or four strips of red bell pepper.
- Roll from the bottom to the top tightly with the cloth, and then glue the part without rice with a little water, to keep the roll well sealed. Cut the roll into 10 slices.