Bio-Bon Inc. wonton soup with veggie pâté
By Bio-Bon Inc.
- Wonton wrappers 1 x 454 g package, frozen (thawed)
- 4 green onions, minced
For the stuffing
- 1 tbsp. grilled sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. non grilled sesame oil
- 1 tbsp. soya or tamari sauce
- 1 tbsp. finely grated ginger root
- 2 tsp. finely grated garlic
- ½ onion, cut very thin
- 1 227 ml can of water chestnuts, diced
- 120 g unsalted breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs
- 600 g of Bio-Bon Veggie-pâté
For the broth
- 2 tbsp. oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 celery stalk, chopped
- 12 cups of vegetable or chicken broth
- 1 tbsp. chopped ginger
- Step 1
In a large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook the onion with the celery for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the broth and ginger. Bring to a boil and let simmer over moderate heat for 5 minutes.
- Step 2
Combine all the stuffing ingredients and place 1 tsp. of stuffing in the middle of each wonton wrapper.
- Step 3
Brush two sides and close the wrapper by folding in half to form a triangle.
- Step 4
Cook the stuffed wontons in salted water for 3 to 4 minutes and set aside.
- Step 5
Divide the wontons and broth between the bowls. Sprinkle with green onions and serve.